Ultrasonic Flow Meters and Solar Flow Packages
Electronic Measuring Devices
AgriTech Systems has introduced electronic measuring devices to replace impeller meters. The impeller meters require annual maintenance and are subject to plugging with sticks, moss and other loose material in the irrigation water. To reduce maintenance and eliminate plugging problems, non-intrusive ultrasonic flow meters have been installed in over 100 locations in the last two years. The transit time flow meters use two transducers mounted on the outside of the pipe, both of which function as an ultrasonic transmitter and receiver. The flow meters operate by alternately transmitting and receiving a frequency modulated burst of sound energy between the two transducers. These particular meters were found to have the lowest installed cost, especially for larger pipe sizes. Because one meter could be used for many pipe sizes, design is simplified and the irrigation companies are able to minimize stocking requirements. Parshall Flumes or weir boxes with 5% to 20% accuracy, while the new meters in pipelines provide an accuracy of 1%. Relatively high accuracy is important because tight control of flow guarantees sufficient yet not excessive water delivery to each shareholder. For open systems, AgriTech Systems provide very inexpensive measurement and telemetry systems.
No one meter or communications system is perfect for all applications. AgriTech Systems can provide the best and most cost effective system for its clients. We work with all manufactures, including Dynasonic, Sutron, McCrometer and SeaMetrics. Communication systems include satellite, cellular modem and radios.
Ultrasonic flow meters
Ultrasonic Flow Meters; Series TFX Ultra
- Easy to Install: Flow meters may be installed and fully operational within minutes. No need to break into pipelines.
- Reduced Material Costs: Clamp-on sensor eliminates the need for in-line flanges, pipe fittings, strainers, and filters.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs: With no moving parts there is nothing on the flow meter to wear down – no repair kits or replacement parts are needed.
- Easy Retrofit: With three standard outputs the TFX series flow meters drop easily into existing DCS and flow monitoring systems.
- Reduced Down-Time: Installation may be performed on full pipes. No need to shut the process down for installation or maintenance.
Visit Dynasonics website for more detailed information about the TFX Ultra:
Solar Flow Packages:
Different packages available for irrigation season only or year round flow monitoring.
SF1000 – IRRIGATION SEASON ONLY PACKAGE
- Highly accurate flow measurement solution capable of measuring even the dirtiest water.
- Solar panel and enclosure can be placed up to 9 feet away from each other and are designed to be pole mounted.
- Flow meter transducer set is designed to clamp on
the outside of a full pipe using the provided stainless steel hose clamps.
- Built-in keypad for programming and setup; no special software or cables required (TFX Ultra meter only).
- Flow meter and controls are mounted inside a heavy duty metal enclosure and can be ordered with or without integral viewing window.
SF2000 – YEAR ROUND PACKAGE
Similar to SF1000 package except it is designed as a year round flow measurement solution. Ideal for climates with lower “average daily full sun hours” available during winter months.
*Please inquire about the “average daily full sun hours” for your location to insure proper solar system sizing requirements.
To order a solar flow package or to contact a representative: http://www.solarcontrols.us